Besides telling the NATURE of our sins, we must also recollect, as far as possible, the NUMBER of times we have committed them, telling also (and only) those CIRCUMSTANCES which at times may either make a venial sin mortal or a mortal sin notably worse.
- Have I ever failed to confess a serious sin or disguised it?
- Have I been guilty of irreverence for this sacrament by failing to examine my conscience carefully?
- Have I failed to perform the penance given me by the confessor or disobeyed any of his directions?
- Have I neglected the Easter duty of receiving Holy Communion or failed to confess my sins within a year?
- Have I any HABITS of serious sin to confess first (impurity, drunkenness, etc.)?