Angel of God, my guardian dear,
To whom God's love commits me here,
Ever this day, be at my side,
to light and guard,
to rule and guide.
The Church teaches clearly that each of us, throughout our earthly lives, from conception to death, are accompanied, protected and assisted by a personal guardian angel appointed by God.
Here are some great stories I've heard about guardian angels...
- You should send your guardian angel ahead of you to smooth things over when you're going into a meeting where you're afraid the person you're meeting might be angry or anxious, to put them in the right frame of mind! Works all the time!
- I know many people who have given their guardian angels names and converse with them often
- If you fall asleep while praying (eg, the Rosary) your guardian angel completes your prayer on your behalf
- Women have the protection of their own guardian angel, but also the guardian angels of all the children they will have until the individual children are conceived. (No wonder women are so holy!)
- You can send your guardian angel to someone else's aid if they need special protection
To read others' guardian angel stories or anecdotes and to share your own, please join us in the Catholic Pages Discussion Forum!